Arena AccessibilityThe Bryce Jordan Center and Penn State University encourage persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
If you anticipate needing any type of accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the Bryce Jordan Center Ticket Center at:
(800) 745-3000 (Voice) or
(800) 943-4327 (TDD)
in advance of your participation or visit.
We encourage people needing accessibility services to contact the Bryce Jordan Center directly.
- Doors open one hour prior to show, please note that there may be a security check prior to entry.
- Fans attending events in the Bryce Jordan Center will not be allowed to bring any bags, backpacks or large purses into the facility.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand (4" x 6" x 1") may be carried into the arena along with (1) one gallon, zip-close style plastic bag.
- Except for authorized personnel, no one entering the facility will be permitted to bring in any size bags, backpacks, camera bags, coolers, strollers or large purses.
- Anyone with a medical need to carry a bag should place their medical supplies in a clear, one-gallon, zip-close style plastic bag. A very limited supply of one-gallon plastic bags will be available at each gate.
- Parents with a need to carry diapers, wipes or other infant child care necessities will be permitted to bring a small diaper bag that will be subject to search and will be tagged upon supervisor approval (BJC events only).
- No diaper bags will be permitted for any Penn State Athletic event including but not limited to PSU Basketball games, PSU wrestling matches and TailGreats.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry a one-gallon plastic bag and a clutch purse.
The primary lot for accessible parking spaces is located immediately west of Beaver Stadium. Access to this lot is available off of University Drive. For the convenience and safety of all Jordan Center guests, pickup will be delayed until pedestrian traffic is cleared on Curtin Road at the end of all events. *See map Entrances. All of the main gates, Gates A-D, are accessible entrances that are equipped with automatic door openers for convenience.
Prices for parking are as follows:
- $5.00 - Basketball Games (Click HERE for Basketball Parking Details)
- $8.00 – Advance parking for general public
- $10.00 – Day of event parking for general public
- $30.00 – RV/Bus parking, both advance and day of event
Wheelchairs can be acquired by going to the Guest Relations booths on the concourse at Gates A and C and are available at any gate upon request. Bryce Jordan Center wheelchairs are for temporary use only. They are to be used for transportation of persons with mobility impairments to assist them to their seating area. Patrons should bring their own wheelchair if they wish to use it for their seating during the event.
The Bryce Jordan Center Ticket Center has a wheelchair accessible window located in the main lobby of the Ticket Center office. The ADA window is continuously staffed during hours of operation (8:00am - 6:00pm Monday through Friday and 10am - 4:00pm on Saturday). Tickets are also available at selected Penn State campus outlets in Altoona, HUB-Robeson Center, Eisenhower Auditorium South Box Office and at the Penn State Downtown Theater.
It is important to notify the Bryce Jordan Center at the time of purchase of your access needs including seating, assistive listening, or other needs. The existence of handrails, width of steps, and steepness of steps are a few items you may want to inquire about when requesting seat locations. Each individual with ADA seating accommodations may have a maximum of three companions in the same area. Access can be gained by entering the four main gates. There are no stairs to ascend or descend. If entering the mezzanine level, use the elevator to the concourse level (level 3).
All restrooms located throughout the building are ADA accessible. Restrooms are available on all three levels of the building. ADA accessible elevators are located between Gates A and D and Gates B and C. All concession stands are wheelchair accessible, with lowered counters on either the far left or far right of each stand. Assistive listening devices are available at Guest Relations booths, located at Gates A and C on the concourse. Two types of devices are available: Headset and Loop (both are compatible with most hearing aids).